Do I need a special driver's license to rent/drive a truck?

Gisborne Rentals requires a full valid NZ, International or approved overseas driver's licence to rent a vehicle. A full Car Drivers Licence is all that is required for most Gisborne Rentals vehicles.

Is there anything special I need to know before driving a truck?

Driving a truck is different from driving a car. Please see Ensuring a Safe Trip for safety tips you should follow.

Are there trucks/vans available with automatic transmission?

Yes. We have a limited number of Vans and Trucks available. Bookings are essential.

What is the minimum age requirement for renting?

21 years. (between age 21 and 25yrs conditions apply)

What happens if my truck breaks down?

In the unlikely event you encounter an emergency, you can call for 24 Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance.

What happens if I change moving dates?

Simply call us in advance and we'll make every effort to accommodate your needs.

Does Gisborne Rentals offer insurance to cover damage to or loss of the vehicle?

Yes. This insurance is included in the cost of the hire. Vehicles are covered by full comprehensive insurance with an excess payable. This excess may be reduced with an additional payment.

Does Gisborne Rentals offer insurance to cover damage to or loss of personal belongings?

No. This is your responsibility.

I 'm moving house/flats, what size vehicle
1-2 bedroom house 18m3 license
2 2 -3 bedroom house 23m3 truck with a lifting gate..class2 license needed